Thailand - List of Hazardous Substances (No. 7)
The Ministry of Industry (MOI) published the Notification of the MOI Re: List of Hazardous Substances (No. 7) B.E. 2565 (2022) in the Government Gazette. The Notification entered into force on 22 December 2022.
The major updates include:
- Benzyl cyanide (CAS RN 140-29-4) is upgraded from Type 1 hazardous substance to Type 3
- Triethanolamine (CAS RN 102-71-6) that has a threshold limit > 30% w/w will be classified as hazardous substance according to list 3B (precursors) annexed to the chemical weapons convention
- Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)-related compounds) (8 substances) will be classified as Type 4 hazardous substances (banned) with specific exceptions for Type 3;
1. Perfluorooctanoic acid (CAS 335-67-1)
2. Ammonium Perfluorooctanoate (CAS 3825-26-1)
3. Sodium Perfluorooctanoate (CAS 335-95-5)
4. Potassium Perfluorooctanoate (CAS 2395-00-8)
6. Perfluorooctanoyl Fluoride (CAS 335-66-0)
7. Methyl Perfluorooctanoate (CAS 376-27-2)
8. Ethyl Perfluorooctanoate (CAS 3108-24-5)
- Substance in List No. 5.1 (number 523-533) will be classified as Type 3 hazardous substance (with some specific condition)
- Substance in List No. 5.1 (number 534-541) will be classified as Type 4 hazardous substance (with some specific condition e.g.impurity, or not over the limited concentration)
For further information, please contact our expert directly to discuss your individual needs!