& Product Stewardship
Do you require help and support with your daily issues in terms of classification, labelling, packaging and transport of your products?
We have the solution!
When moving goods...
...you want to be sure that this is done as safely as possible. Knowing your own obligations as producer or importer is an important step within the supply chain to achieve this. Our global product safety & stewardship team of experienced regulatory affairs managers, chemists, toxicologists and ecotoxicologists is there to support you regardless of the challenges you are facing.
Product notifications - Poison CentRe
Chemical products and mixtures placed on the market in the European Economic Area require notification according to Article 45 / Annex VIII of CLP Regulation (EC) 1272/2008, this means importers or downstream users have an obligation to properly label hazardous products according to this regulation.
Poison Centres rely on this information for their vital support of medical professionals in case of accidents and emergencies. Individual notification is required in every member state where the product is placed on the market and the procedure can differ considerably regarding for example...
- What kind of products/mixtures have to be notified
- What information has to be communicated
- How the notification has to be performed
Unique Formula Identifier (UFI)
From January 2021, hazardous mixtures that are newly put on the EU/EEA market or changed, require Poison Centre Notification (PCN) according to Annex VIII of the CLP regulation (EC) 1272/2008. This includes the requirement for a Unique Formula Identifier (UFI) on the label of the product.
Our team of experts will gladly support you in identification and fulfilment of your product notification obligations. We can also investigate the regulatory situation for your products outside Europe and support with notifications there (e.g. South Korea).
Monitoring the regulatory landscape globally will help you to maintain your product portfolio.
Safety Data Sheets
The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is the most important instrument to communicate hazards along the supply chain. It shall inform in an accessible and simple way about the most important safety measures needed to control potential hazards of chemicals to the human health as well as the environment.
Your benefits, when choosing knoell
- Use of the managed regulatory contents and lists of one of the market leaders
- Authoring SDS in 46 languages for the regions EU, US and the Americas, Asia/Pacific and worldwide
- Authoring REACH compliant extended SDS (eSDS), incl. exposure scenarios
- Hosting of your complete product portfolio in our own EH&S-system
- Check and update of your SDS with regard to country- specific jurisdictions with all the relevant regulatory content
Mutual understanding of chemical hazards in the world is the aim of the United Nation's Globally Harmonized System (GHS). The European implementation is CLP (Classification, Labelling and Packaging).
- Tracking Global GHS implementation status
- Application of CLP criteria within the European Economic Area
- Classification of substances and mixtures according to requirements in the destination countries
- Labelling of substances and mixtures to ensure proper global hazard communication
OVERVIEW: GLOBALLY HARMONIZED SYSTEM SUPPORT
Status quo: April 2021
The transport of dangerous goods requires special classification and labelling depending on the type of transport. Our experts are experienced with transport on road (ADR), rail (RID), inland waterways (ADN), sea (IMDG) and air (IATA/ICAO).
- Assessment of provided hazard data (classification as well as additional information)
- Deriving the correct transport classification for the transport types of concern