In many countries chemical regulations require the assessment of potential hazards for humans and the environment during production, import, processing and distribution of chemicals via a mostly complex registration and evaluation process.
knoell is perfectly positioned to provide a broad spectrum of services for chemical registration in Europe and beyond, due to our outstanding experience and expertise in risk assessment of chemicals and our global set-up. Our pool of experts comprises more than 400 scientists from all kinds of disciplines and guarantees competent handling of all required tasks.
We offer comprehensive regulatory and technical services for EU REACH and many of its global equivalents, such as, K-REACH (Korea), KKDIK (Turkish REACH), UK REACH, TSCA (USA), CEPA (Canada), NICNAS (Australia), HSNO (New Zealand), CSCL and ISHA (Japan), MEE Order No. 12 (China), TCSCA and OSHA (Taiwan), ChemA (Switzerland) to name but a few. Moreover, we can act as Only Representative (OR) or the equivalent in many countries and support at any stage of the registration process.
For a more detailed impression of our Chemicals solutions for you, please have a look below.
Knowing your regulatory environment is essential to stay in the market: with a global network of affiliates, knoell keeps track of the developments concerning global regulations. Read more about our strategic and regulatory consulting solutions for chemicals.
- Consortium management
- Communication with authorities
- Coordination of the entire (REACH) authorisation process
- REACH registration dossier follow-ups: support during dossier- and substance-evaluations (CoRAP, CCh)
- Full Service Provider for REACH obligations of downstream users
- Preparation of all relevant documents for registration, e.g. technical dossier in IUCLID 6
- Specialist support: Chemical Safety Report (ICCA programme on Responsible Care and the Global Product Strategy (GPS) to the safe management of chemicals)
- Product notifications, (extended) safety data sheets, label amendments
Read more about our submission support services.
With a team of about 40 toxicologist, more than 70 environmental fate and modelling experts as well as approx. 45 ecotoxicologists your assessments are in competent hands.
- Toxicological and ecotoxicological evaluation of substances; Endocrine Disruptor (ED) assessments
- Development of exposure scenarios
- Risk and exposure assessments using conventional models (e.g. EUSES, Chesar, ECETOC TRA) and computer based (in silico) methods (e.g. QSAR, read-across)
- Data gap analysis
- Literature search and evaluation
- Risk and exposure assessments
- Inventory checks
- (extended) Safety Data Sheet preparation, update and management incl. hosting of your entire product portfolio in our own EH&S-system
Read more about technical and scientific support.
Developing a product is one thing, but making sure that it is used and transported safely a completely other. It is essential that you know your obligations as manufacturer or importer. Read more about classification, labelling, poison centre notifications, (extended) safety data sheets and dangerous goods.
Study management and monitoring can be challenging tasks. Besides the various problems caused by complicated test substances, the right laboratory needs to be identified for the required study, and ideally you want a study to be performed in a way that it can be used for submissions in more than one country or region if your business is international. Find out why knoell might be the right choice for you when it comes to study management and monitoring.
Benefit from our up-to-date expert training modules, seminars and workshops held on scheduled dates at our training premises, online or at a location of your choice and individually designed for you. Explore our knoell academy programme!
Your knoell Contacts For chemical Questions
Chemical Control Regulations in Asia and the Americas
Our online conference will focus on potential impacts on industry and how to prepare for the predictable consequences.