consulting for Food Products
If food products or novel foods are your business, compliance to ever changing standards is at the heart of it. knoell's scientific experts make sure you never miss a beat.
Compliance and safe use of Food products
Achieving compliance of food products in a highly regulated landscape is important to all members of the food chain, from food manufacturers to consumers. knoell supports the food industry in many ways from conducting food product compliance checks, ensuring claims approvals, naming of ingredients, providing support in obtaining food certifications, food certifications, preparing and submitting authorizations for new food ingredients and food additives, and implementing other food related services. As new food regulations continue to be issued and updated, knoell will guide food companies through the process of ensuring regulatory compliance in this dynamic environment.
Our team of experienced experts will provide our clients with
REGISTRATION PROCESS, regulatory notification to Government Authorities for
- Novel Foods
- Food enzymes
- Food additives
- Food / dietary supplements
- Food product formula check
- Additive level and function check
- Flavoring check/declaration (including smoke flavouring)
- Product formula check in relation to requested claim
- Ingredient statement check and compliance
- Nutritional data compliance
- Allergen labelling
- Claim approval Process
- Mandatory information on the label
- Detailed whole label check
- Triman / ecology packaging
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian / Vegan
Also have a look at our complete range of FOOD solutions!
- Preparation of the regulatory dossier for new ingredients used in the food industry, including Novel Foods, Food Additives, and Enzymes
- Communication with the local Competent Authorities
- Check of compliance status of the individual components of a food product in accordance with the relevant country regulations
- Preparation of regulatory compliance documents
- Keeping abreast of the developments concerning global regulations to allow clients to understand the current regulatory environment
- Ensure that all parts of the food product label including the name of the product, ingredient list, nutritional data, storage conditions, photography of the product, symbols, and claims are compliant with the relevant country regulations
- Work with clients to obtain certifications related to quality standards, organic certification, religious certifications, etc.
- Confirm that production aspects and regulations related to process documentation, identity check, and personnel training are met
- Ensure that a food product claim (in the form of words or a pictogram) meets the regulations and legal requirements in the market in which the food product will be sold
- Expert advice provided on the claim itself and how best to communicate the claim on the food product via the label, brochure, or marketing media.
- Literature searches and evaluations
- Identification of potential toxic substances in food products
- Dietary exposure assessments
- Risk Assessments to determine safe use of food
- Preparation of toxicological testing protocols, and corresponding reports
- Preparation of OECD study summaries
- Author toxicology sections of regulatory notifications for new food ingredients to Competent Authorities
- Read more about technical and scientific support.
Nutritional data tests
- Test of smell, taste, texture, and color
- For example, testing for the presence of Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Enterobacteriaceae, Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus
- For example, in the EU, this type of testing will cover compliance with Regulation (EC) No 396/2005 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 February 2005 on maximum residue levels of pesticides in or on food and feed of plant and animal origin
- For example, testing including appearance, boiling point, density, volatility, water solubility, flammability, and others
STUDY MANAGEMENT & MONITORING
- Study management and monitoring to ensure the right laboratory or CRO (Contract Research Organization) is chosen for the required study
- Guidance on conducting a study in a way so that it can be used for regulatory submissions in more than one country or region, if your business is international
Supporting the industry
Do you need to contact a regulatory expert in order to comply with the latest food regulations?
We're here to assist you – Get in touch!