we have the regulatory expertise to successfully support you in
placing your products on the market!
BIOCONTROL REGULATORY SERVICES
For the last decades, there has been a growing need for more sustainable use of our environmental resources. This, together with an ever-increasing global population, has prompted the development of environmentally friendly but yet efficient control agents to complement the use of large amounts of conventional plant protection products.
Biocontrol agents, also known as biopesticides, biologicals, biological pesticides, natural pesticides or biochemical pesticides, can be either based on ‘microbials’ such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and viroids or on macroorganisms ('macrobials'). Besides, biochemically active extracts from microorganisms and plants ('botanicals') and pheromones or other semiochemicals are included in the category of biopesticides. Other natural products such as hormones, minerals, enzymes, peptides and nucleic acids can also act as active substance in plant protection products. Depending on the national context of the legislative framework, these active substances can be directly marketed as biopesticides or conventional pesticides. Biocontrol further includes the use of these substances in biostimulants and biocides where possible in these contexts.
The request for more sustainable use of our environmental resources in combination with an ever increasing global population triggered the demand for more eco-friendly but still efficient alternatives to complement the use of conventional plant protection products - the answer to these needs are biocontrol agents.
„Biocontrol isn‘t dogmatic – it‘s the alternative!“
- Regulatory services including registration strategy, development, and communication with authorities on behalf of clients
- Assessment and identification of data gaps to efficiently address requirements from region/country specifications
- Customized literature searches
- Efficacy assessment
- Study concept management and monitoring
- Specific local regulatory services, also including translation into local language, compilation and submission of dossiers locally
- Post-submission support